To my surprise I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award!! I’m so excited. I’ve been blogging for a few years but just recently started my “mom blog.” I love it! Blogging is a wonderful release! (Accidentally typed Clogging at first and that image made me lol) I love sharing my tips and tricks, recommendations, opinions and life with you all! Thank you so much to Kali of Oak City Mama for the nomination!
Thank the blogger who nominated me and provide a link to their blog.
Write a post to show the award.
Write a brief story of how my blog started.
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
How My Blog Started:
Since 2015 (Maybe before…?) I was blogging at another site. I blogged about parenting with OCD/anxiety and then started blogging about my postpartum experiences. With my second child being born I decided to start a “mom” blog. I wanted to write upbeat pieces about parenthood as well as share recommendations, tips, tricks, etc. I also wanted to bring awareness to postpartum issues such as anxiety, OCD, hair loss and D-MER. I’ve experienced a lot and wanted to share that with other moms. I love meeting new people and want to reach out to other moms in the blogging community!
Advice for New Bloggers:
1. Write at least once a week
If you’re like me, you are BUSY. I work part time and keep my babies full time. I barely have time to shower, much less write. I discovered, however, that I need this time for myself. Motherhood can be lonely at times and sometimes it is good to write and get those feelings out there! I love writing. I was an English major in college and I love words. I make sure to at least write once a week no matter what! It gives me something to look forward to and I feel accomplished when I post 🙂
2. Join blogging Facebook groups
Reach out to others in the blogging community! Follow hashtags on Instagram, join Facebook groups, join Pinterest boards. I LOVE the blogs I’ve been able to find through searches and have really met some great people. One of my favorite Facebook groups at the moment is Mom Bloggers Tribe. The ladies are so nice and helpful! I love reading their blogs.
1. Emily & Sherry of foreveryoungmoms.com – They just recently did a compilation post of various mom blogger’s favorite items! I was so excited to contribute and loved the products the moms chose!
2. Pam at Wine and Lavender. I love her blog! Wine and Lavender are two of my favorite things so that it was initially attracted me to this blog. I love her Wine of the Week feature. Her content is great and I look forward to reading new posts.
3. Bert at firsttimemommn.com. This blogger has been featured on Huffington post parents and her content is exceptional. I love the layout of her site and find her pieces to be very informative.
4. Jessie at hello-my-love.com . I found this blog through Instagram and think it is great! Her recent post about placenta encapsulation was REALLY informative and interesting. I’ve always wanted to know more about the process and this post really answered a lot of questions.
5. Katie at thejetsettingmama.com. This blog is a great resource for traveling with littles! She is also documenting her pregnancy with her second in a week by week feature. Fun to follow along!
6. Maria at imommy.co Maria is such a sweet person. She is encouraging and comments on a lot of my blog posts/social media posts. I checked out her blog recently and really enjoy it. I especially enjoyed her focus on May being Mental Health Awareness Month.
7. Kristen and Amanda at kandyapplemama.com What an interesting blog! It is run by Kristen and Amanda who are a mom and stepmom! They work together to make this phenomenal blog. They focus on co-parenting while featuring posts on food, learning, shopping, adulating and more.
8. Diandra at omshelife.com. This is such an aesthetically pleasing blog. A clean layout full of great content. I recently took note of a Sweet Potato bisque recipe she posted and plan to try it out soon! I am always on the lookout for recipes for my FPIES baby and sweet potatoes are a go to! She also includes medicinal information for the ingredients!
9. Katherine at Welcome to the Nursery. This blog features all sorts of great content. Anywhere from opinion pieces to blurbs from her little ones. (Check out the Toddler Talk Tuesdays!) I enjoy Katherine’s updates.
10. Meg at Nocturnal Mom Talks . I started following Meg’s blog a while ago now. She blogs about just about everything mom related! I’ve seen posts about date nights, being a teenage mother, parenting workshops and more. A great blogging find 🙂
11. Bailey of Simply Mom Bailey, I found Bailey’s blog through social media. She blogs about cloth diapers, projects, travel and more. She isn’t afraid to get real on her blog and I like that. Head to her blog to read her posts.
12. Kayla of Adventures of a Young Mother. A blog full of all things mommy. Pregnancy announcements, weight loss, relationship changes after birth, etc. She has some good recipes too!
13. Chelsea of Pause Reflect Learn Grow I am so happy to recognize this blog because 1) it is awesome and 2) the lady behind it is one of a kind! I am honored to call Chelsea my family! She is a wonderful person and fantastic mother to exceptional kids! Head to her blog to read about projects, life, homeschooling, etc.
14. Dedreanna of Adventures At Home. She blogs about DIY projects, fun things to do, her personal experiences and more. She also has a great post about Car Seat Safety that is definitely a must read.
15. Ferren of artcre.am. I’m saving the best for last here, though I may be a bit biased. Ferren is my best friend! She lives in England and she is fabulous in just about every area a person can be fabulous in. Her blog is beautiful and is full of great content. She is an amazing mother and very talented. She sings, makes baby clothes, etc. I love her products, her vision and her blog! Check out her site, you will love it!
So there you go, 15 blogs I love. I read a billion blogs all the time so these are just a few. If you want to share your blog drop a link in the comments. I would love to check it out. And again, thanks to Kali for recognizing my blog! I’ve only been blogging since the end of February on mommyisexhausted.com but am really loving it. Thank you all for the encouragement 🙂